Wolf Pack Weekly, October 7-13Oct 7, 2013
The Wolf Pack kicked off their AHL season by taking three out of a possible four points in two home games this past weekend. In the season opener on Saturday, Darroll Powe’s goal with 0.4 seconds left in the third period tied the game at two, but the Norfolk Admirals eventually prevailed over the Pack, 3-2 in a shootout. Then on Sunday at the XL Center, Ken Gernander’s team scored its first victory of the season, as J.T. Miller’s two goals and an assist helped the Wolf Pack to a 4-3 win over the Albany Devils. Second-year pro defenseman Dylan McIlrath’s first pro goal was the third-period game-winner in that contest.
For the latest AHL standings, click here.
The Wolf Pack finishes a season-opening stretch of three straight home games with a battle against the Adirondack Phantoms Saturday at 7:00 PM. That night marks the season debut of the Wolf Pack’s special Friday-night food and beverage discount at the XL Center, with $1 hot dogs and $2 beers available through the start of the second period. The Pack then hits the road for the first time Saturday night, completing a home-and-home set with the Phantoms at the Glens Falls Civic Center (7:00)
Friday, October 11 vs. the Adirondack Phantoms at the XL Center, 7:00 p.m.
- At this and all Friday-night Wolf Pack home games this year, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and $2 beers at the XL Center, through the start of the second period.
- The Phantoms won their season opener Saturday night in Hershey, taking a see-saw battle 4-3, on defenseman Brandon Manning’s overtime goal. Rookie Brandon Alderson had a goal and an assist in his pro debut.
- Adirondack finished last in the Eastern Conference a year ago, with a record of 31-38-3-4 for 69 points, but the Phantoms were tough on the Whale. Connecticut was 2-2-2-0 in six games against Adirondack last season, 2-1-0-0 in three home tilts.
- For this and all Wolf Pack home games, tickets start as low as $12 for youth 12 years old or younger and are available at the Public Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499.
- Radio – live with Bob Crawford and Mark Bailey on Fox Sports Radio 1410, on-line at foxsportsradio1410.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Saturday, October 12 at the Adirondack Phantoms (Glens Falls Civic Center), 7:00 p.m.
- This is the first road game of the season for the Wolf Pack. The Whale were 15-18-4-1 in road action last season.
- Connecticut was 0-2-1-0 in three visits to Glens Falls in 2012-13.
- Radio – live with Bob Crawford on Fox Sports Radio 1410, on-line at foxsportsradio1410.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Wolf Pack Community Appearances:
The Wolf Pack have the following appearances scheduled this week. For further information on these, or any other Wolf Pack community initiatives, contact Wolf Pack community relations manager Frank Berrian, at (860) 541-4728:
- Tuesday, October 8, 9:30 AM, Rentschler Field, East Hartford: Sonar, the Wolf Pack’s lovable mascot, brings his “The Pack is Back” tour to East Hartford for ING’s “Run for Something Different”.
- Saturday, October 12, 9:30 AM, Bushnell Park, Downtown Hartford: Sonar laces up the running shoes for the “mascot marathon” at the annual ING Hartford Marathon.
- Saturday, October 12, 12:00 noon, Choate Rosemary Hall Ice Rink, Wallingford, CT: Sonar and The Pack is Back tour take in the action of the Wallingford Hawks’ Columbus Day youth hockey tournament.
Andrew Carroll – loaned by the Wolf Pack to Greenville (ECHL) October 4.
J.T. Miller – loaned to the Wolf Pack by the New York Rangers October 5. Miller chipped in two goals and an assist in his first game with the Wolf Pack Sunday.
All Wolf Pack practices at Champions Skating Center in Cromwell are open to the public. Schedule is subject to change.
Tue., October 8: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Wed., October 9: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Thurs., October 10: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Fri., October 11: 10:00 – 10:30 AM, XL Center (Game vs. Adirondack)
Sat., October 12: 10:00 – 10:30 AM, XL Center (Game at Adirondack)
Sun., October 13: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Mon., October 14: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
The Wolf Pack will be holding a “Meet the Team” party for Wolf Pack 2013-14 season ticket-holders on Monday, October 14 from 6:00-8:00 PM at the XL Center. The entire Wolf Pack team will be on hand. Season seat-holders are asked to RSVP to 855-762-6451 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on all of the many benefits of becoming a Wolf Pack season ticket-holder, contact the Wolf Pack ticket office at 855-762-6451.
At every Wolf Pack Sunday home game in 2013-14, fans can take advantage of the Wolf Pack’s “Click It or Ticket Sunday Family Value Packs”. Those include two tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas, starting at only $35.
Brand new for the 2013-14 season are Wolf Pack “Winning Wednesdays”. At all Wednesday night home games, if the Wolf Pack win, each fan receives a free ticket to the Pack’s next home game (some restrictions apply, check the Wolf Pack’s official website, www.hartfordwolfpack.com, for full details). The Wolf Pack’s first Wednesday-night home date is October 23, when the Portland Pirates invade the XL Center for a 7:00 game.
Tickets for all Wolf Pack 2013-14 home games are on sale now at the Public Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Wolf Pack tickets start as low as $12 for youth 12 years old or younger. To speak with a representative about season or group tickets, call (855) 762-6451.