Wolf Pack Weekly, October 14-20Oct 14, 2013
The Wolf Pack remain unbeaten in regulation on the season, at 3-0-0-1 for seven points, after sweeping a home-and-home series with the Adirondack Phantoms this past weekend. On Friday night at home, Hartford came back from 3-1 and 4-3 deficits to post a 5-4 shootout win over Adirondack, and then in the Pack’s first road game of the season Saturday, Brodie Dupont’s goal with 2:07 remaining in the third period gave the Wolf Pack a 3-2 victory. Rookie defenseman Tommy Hughes notched his first two pro points in Saturday’s game with a goal and an assist, and J.T. Miller scored in both games.
For the latest AHL standings, click here.
The Wolf Pack are on home ice for a second straight Friday night this week, hosting the Manchester Monarchs at 7:00 PM, and every Friday-night home game this season features $1 hot dogs and $2 beers through the start of the second period. Saturday takes the Pack to Lewiston, Maine, where they will visit the Portland Pirates for a 7:00 game.
Friday, October 18 vs. the Manchester Monarchs at the XL Center, 7:00 p.m.
- At this and all Friday-night Wolf Pack home games this year, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and $2 beers at the XL Center, through the start of the second period.
- This is the fifth straight road game to start the season for the Monarchs, who have an identical record to that of the Wolf Pack, having suffered a shootout loss in their season opener, followed by three straight wins.
- Martin Jones has carried the entire load in net in the first four games for Head Coach Mark Morris’ Monarchs, and Jones has logged a 1.41 goals-against average and a 95.1% save percentage. Jones posted a 38-save shutout in Manchester’s last game, a 3-0 win at Bridgeport on Saturday.
- Manchester lost all three of its visits to the XL Center last season. Overall, the Connecticut Whale had a 4-2-0-0 record in the 2012-13 season series with the Monarchs.
- For this and all Wolf Pack home games, tickets start as low as $12 for youth 12 years old or younger and are available at the Public Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499.
- Radio – live with Bob Crawford and Mark Bailey on Fox Sports Radio 1410, on-line at foxsportsradio1410.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Saturday, October 19 at the Portland Pirates (Androscoggin Bank Colisee, Lewiston), 7:00 p.m.
- This is the first of six battles on the year between the Wolf Pack and Pirates. The Whale were 3-4-0-1 in an eight-game season series against Portland last season, 2-2-0-0 on the road.
- Portland is playing its third straight home game to start the season, having dropped a 5-2 decision to Providence Saturday, after a 3-2 shootout loss to Manchester in its season opener Wednesday.
- Tobias Rieder scored both of Portland’s goals in Wednesday’s game, and Brandon Gormley and Andy Miele have three assists each in two games for the Pirates.
- Radio – live with Bob Crawford on Fox Sports Radio 1410, on-line at foxsportsradio1410.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Wolf Pack Community Appearances:
The Wolf Pack have the following appearances scheduled this week. For further information on these, or any other Wolf Pack community initiatives, contact Wolf Pack community relations manager Frank Berrian, at (860) 541-4728:
- Tuesday, October 15, 6:00-7:00 PM, Laetus Lounge, 253 Asylum Ave., Downtown Hartford: Wolf Pack defenseman Tommy Hughes and forward Kyle Jean will be “guest bartending” at Laetus Lounge, serving drinks and meeting and greeting fans.
- Saturday, October 19, 2:00 PM, Downtown Hartford: Sonar, the Wolf Pack’s beloved mascot, joins in the fun and pageantry of the “Hooker Day” parade.
- Saturday, October 19, 7:00 PM, 73 Times Farm Rd., Andover, CT: Sonar visits the “Dark Walk Haunted Camp Tour” at the Channel 3 Kids Camp.
- Sunday, October 20, 8:30 AM, Six Flags New England, 1623 Main St., Agawam, MA: Sonar participates in Six Flags New England’s JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes.
All Wolf Pack practices at Champions Skating Center in Cromwell are open to the public. Schedule is subject to change.
Tue., October 15: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Wed., October 16: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Thurs., October 17: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Fri., October 18: 10:00 – 10:30 AM, XL Center (Game vs. Manchester)
Sat., October 19: Game at Portland
Sun., October 20: No practice
Mon., October 21: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
The Wolf Pack will be holding a “Meet the Team” party for Wolf Pack 2013-14 season ticket-holders tonight, from 6:00-8:00 PM at the XL Center. The entire Wolf Pack team will be on hand. Season seat-holders are asked to RSVP to 855-762-6451 or email@example.com. For information on all of the many benefits of becoming a Wolf Pack season ticket-holder, contact the Wolf Pack ticket office at 855-762-6451.
This Friday night, October 18 will mark the debut of “The Hawk’s Nest”, a regular pre-game feature in the Comcast Coliseum Club at the XL Center. Bob Crawford, the play-by-play voice of the Wolf Pack, will be on hand from 6:00-6:20 PM in the Comcast Coliseum Club, chatting with different Wolf Pack-themed guests and taking questions from the patrons enjoying the Comcast Coliseum Club’s delicious buffet and wide array of beverage options. The Comcast Coliseum Club restaurant and bar area is open two hours prior to every Wolf Pack home game, to everyone holding a ticket to the game. Wolf Pack head coach Ken Gernander will be “The Hawk’s” guest this Friday for the premiere edition of The Hawk’s Nest.
The Wolf Pack’s 11th annual Bowl-a-Thon to benefit Special Olympics Connecticut is coming up Sunday, November 17 at Hall of Fame Silver Lanes in East Hartford. Fans can bowl with their favorite Wolf Pack players for a great cause, but space is limited, so register on-line now at www.soct.org.
At every Wolf Pack Sunday home game in 2013-14, fans can take advantage of the Wolf Pack’s “Click It or Ticket Sunday Family Value Packs”. Those include two tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas, starting at only $35.
Brand new for the 2013-14 season are Wolf Pack “Winning Wednesdays”. At all Wednesday night home games, if the Wolf Pack win, each fan receives a free ticket to the Pack’s next home game (some restrictions apply, check the Wolf Pack’s official website, www.hartfordwolfpack.com, for full details). The Wolf Pack’s first Wednesday-night home date is October 23, when the Portland Pirates invade the XL Center for a 7:00 game.
Tickets for all Wolf Pack 2013-14 home games are on sale now at the Public Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Wolf Pack tickets start as low as $12 for youth 12 years old or younger. To speak with a representative about season or group tickets, call (855) 762-6451.