Wolf Pack Weekly, October 9-15Oct 9, 2017
The Wolf Pack opened their 2017-18 season by splitting a pair of home games this past weekend. In Friday night’s season opener vs. the Charlotte Checkers, the Wolf Pack built leads of 1-0, 3-1 and 4-2, but the Checkers came back with three goals in the final 10:18 of the third period for a 5-4 win. On Sunday against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, Hartford grabbed its first win of the season, defeating the Phantoms 2-1 in a shootout. Adam Tambellini scored the only Wolf Pack regulation goal in that game, and also had the only score of the shootout, and Chris Nell made 28 saves and went 3-for-3 in the shootout.
For the latest AHL standings, click here.
This week: The Wolf Pack finishes a stretch of three straight home games to start the season Friday, when the Toronto Marlies come to the XL Center for a 7:15 PM game. Then, Hartford sees its first road action Saturday night, traveling to Springfield for a 7:05 start.
Friday, October 13 vs. the Toronto Marlies (Maple Leafs) at the XL Center, 7:15 PM
- At this game, and all Wolf Pack Friday-night home games, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and $2 beers at every Friday Wolf Pack home game, through the start of the second period, presented by Dave & Buster’s.
- This is the first of two games on the year between the Wolf Pack and the Marlies, and Toronto’s only XL Center visit of the season. The two clubs played a four-game season series last year, with the Marlies winning three of the four battles and sweeping two encounters in Hartford.
- Toronto is off to a 2-0-0-0 start in 2017-18, after winning a pair of home games against Utica on opening weekend, 3-1 on Saturday and 4-3 on Sunday.
- Andreas Johnsson (1-2-3) and Ben Smith (1-2-3) were the Marlies’ top two scorers this past weekend, and Kerby Rychel scored in both of the two Toronto wins.
- Tickets for this and all 2017-18 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger are just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $2 day-of-game increase.
- Broadcast – live with Bob Crawford and Mark Bailey on News Radio 1410 WPOP, on-line at newsradio1410.iheart.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Saturday, October 14 at the Springfield Thunderbirds (Florida) at the MassMutual Center, 7:05 PM
- The Thunderbirds will be the Wolf Pack’s most familiar opponents this season, as this game is the first of a dozen between the two close regional rivals. In a ten-game season series in 2016-17, the Wolf Pack went 4-6-0-0, including a 1-4-0-0 mark in Springfield.
- The Thunderbirds opened their second season of play with a 5-2 loss at Providence on Saturday night. Last season, Head Coach Geordie Kinnear’s club finished 32-33-9-2 for 75 points, placing them sixth in the Atlantic Division.
- Defenseman Ed Wittchow and forward Henrik Haapala scored Springfield’s goals in their first game, and Alexandre Grenier assisted on both.
- Broadcast – live with Bob Crawford on News Radio 1410 WPOP, on-line at newsradio1410.iheart.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Wolf Pack Community Appearances: The Wolf Pack have the following appearances scheduled this week. For further information on these, or any other Wolf Pack community initiatives, contact Wolf Pack community relations manager Frank Berrian, at (860) 541-4728:
- Saturday, October 14, 8:15 AM, Bushnell Park, Downtown Hartford: The Wolf Pack’s iconic mascot, Sonar, looks to four-peat as champion of the Hartford Marathon’s Mascot Marathon.
Recent Transactions: None
Practice: All Wolf Pack practices at Champions Skating Center in Cromwell are open to the public. Schedule is subject to change.
Tue., October 10 10:30 – 11:30 AM, XL Center
Wed., October 11 10:30 – 11:30 AM, XL Center
Thurs., October 12 10:30 – 11:30 AM, XL Center
Fri., October 13 10:00 – 10:30 AM, XL Center (Game vs. Toronto)
Sat., October 14 10:00 – 10:30 AM, XL Center (Game at Springfield)
Sun., October 15 No practice
Mon., October 16 10:30 – 11:30 AM, XL Center
Pack Tracks: The Wolf Pack’s home game Friday, October 27, a 7:15 PM contest vs. the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, features a “Howl-o-ween” celebration. Youngsters can enjoy trick-or-treating on the XL Center concourse, and take part in a costume parade during one of the intermissions.
Once again this season, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and $2 beers at every Friday Wolf Pack home game, through the start of the second period, presented by Dave & Buster’s. After this Friday, the next Friday-night home game is next Friday, October 20, when the Pack host the Belleville Senators at 7:15 PM.
Each of the Wolf Pack’s Sunday and Wednesday home games will feature the Wolf Pack’s “Click It or Ticket Family Value Pack”. The Family Value Pack includes two tickets, two sodas and two hot dogs, all for just $35. The next Family Value Pack game is Sunday, November 5, when the Springfield Thunderbirds visit for a 5:00 PM tilt.
Every Wolf Pack Wednesday home game is a “Winning Wednesday”. If the Wolf Pack win at home on a Wednesday, fans can show their Winning Wednesday ticket at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center and receive a free ticket to the next Wolf Pack home game (some restrictions apply). The Wolf Pack’s first Wednesday home outing of the season is November 15, a 7:00 PM game vs. the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
Wolf Pack home game tickets can be purchased at the XL Center ticket office, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger are just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $2 day-of-game increase.
To speak with a Wolf Pack representative about season or group tickets, or any of the Wolf Pack’s many ticketing options, call (855) 762-6451, or click here to request more info.