Wolf Pack Weekly, November 6-12Nov 6, 2017
The Wolf Pack (5-7-0-1, 11 pts., .423) played their third straight three-game weekend this past weekend and finished it on a high note, with a 4-2 win over the Springfield Thunderbirds on Sunday at the XL Center. That was after a 5-3 defeat in Springfield on Friday night and a 5-0 home loss to Providence Saturday. Dan DeSalvo had a goal and an assist in Sunday’s win, for his first multiple-point game with the Wolf Pack, and Alexandar Georgiev made 21 saves. Joe Whitney scored twice, his first Wolf Pack multi-goal outing, Friday night.
For the latest AHL standings, click here.
This week: The Wolf Pack get another crack at in-state rival Bridgeport on Saturday night, a road game that faces off at 7:00 PM, and then it’s the first-ever matchup between the Wolf Pack and the new Laval Rocket on Sunday at the XL Center. Faceoff for that game is 5:00.
Saturday, November 11 at the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Islanders) at Webster Bank Arena, 7:00 PM
- After a 1-4-0-0 start, former Wolf Pack defenseman Brent Thompson’s Sound Tigers have rolled to wins in five of their last six games, including a 6-0 trouncing of the Providence Bruins in Providence on Sunday.
- The Wolf Pack are 0-2-0-0 thus far in the season series vs. the Sound Tigers, with a 6-3 loss in Bridgeport October 22 and a 5-1 home defeat October 27.
- Rookie defenseman Sebastian Aho did the most damage for the Sound Tigers in their 6-0 win at Providence on Sunday, scoring a hat trick. Aho is tied for the AHL lead in goals by defensemen, with 5-2-7 in ten games.
- Broadcast – live with Bob Crawford on News Radio 1410 WPOP, on-line at newsradio1410.iheart.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Sunday, November 12 vs. the Laval Rocket (Montreal) at the XL Center, 5:00 PM
- At this and every Wolf Pack Sunday home game of the season, fans can take advantage of the Wolf Pack’s “Click It or Ticket Family Value Pack”. The Family Value Pack includes two tickets, two sodas and two hot dogs, all for just $40.
- This is the Wolf Pack’s first look at the Rocket, which is a new franchise in the AHL this year. Prior to the birth of the Rocket, which is 7-4-2-0 thus far on the season, the Montreal Canadiens’ AHL affiliate for the past two seasons was the St. John’s IceCaps.
- The top point-getter for Laval, which comes into the week as the third highest-scoring team in the AHL (3.77 goals-per-game), is defenseman Matt Taormina (2-11-13 in 13 GP), who leads league blueliners in points and assists, and is second overall in the AHL in assists and tied for fourth in points.
- Tickets for this and all 2017-18 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger are just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $2 day-of-game increase.
- Broadcast – live with Bob Crawford and Mark Bailey on News Radio 1410 WPOP, on-line at newsradio1410.iheart.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Recent Transactions: None
Practice: All Wolf Pack practices at Champions Skating Center in Cromwell are open to the public. Schedule is subject to change.
Tue., November 7 10:30 – 11:30 AM, XL Center
Wed., November 8 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Thurs., November 9 10:30 – 11:30 AM, XL Center
Fri., November 10 10:30 – 11:30 AM, XL Center
Sat., November 11 10:00 – 10:30 AM, XL Center (Game at Bridgeport)
Sun., November 12 Game vs. Laval
Mon., November 13 No practice
Pack Tracks: Saturday, November 25, when the Wolf Pack host the Hershey Bears at 7:00 PM, it’s a “Red Out” night at the XL Center, as the first 4,500 fans receive a free red Wolf Pack t-shirt, courtesy of CT-DOT. Also that night, it’s the Wolf Pack’s annual “Teddy Bear Toss”. Fans are asked to bring soft toys to the game, to toss onto the ice when the Wolf Pack score their first goal. The toys collected will be donated to Operation ELF and Toys for Tots.
Once again this season, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and $2 beers at every Friday Wolf Pack home game, through the start of the second period, presented by Dave & Buster’s. The Wolf Pack’s next Friday-night date is December 15, when they host the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 7:15 PM.
Each of the Wolf Pack’s Sunday and Wednesday home games will feature the Wolf Pack’s “Click It or Ticket Family Value Pack”. The Family Value Pack includes two tickets, two sodas and two hot dogs, all for just $40. After this Sunday, the next Family Value Pack game is Wednesday, November 15, when the Bridgeport Sound Tigers visit for a 5:00 PM tilt.
Every Wolf Pack Wednesday home game is a “Winning Wednesday”. If the Wolf Pack win at home on a Wednesday, fans can show their Winning Wednesday ticket at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center and receive a free ticket to the next Wolf Pack home game (some restrictions apply). The Wolf Pack’s first Wednesday home outing of the season is November 15, a 7:00 PM game vs. the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
Wolf Pack home game tickets can be purchased at the XL Center ticket office, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger are just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $2 day-of-game increase.
To speak with a Wolf Pack representative about season or group tickets, or any of the Wolf Pack’s many ticketing options, call (855) 762-6451, or click here to request more info.