Wolf Pack Weekly, January 13-19Jan 13, 2014
The Wolf Pack (11-20-0-5, 27 pts.) played three games on the road this past weekend and, despite leading for long stretches of two of the contests, went 0-3. Friday night the Wolf Pack headed to Worcester and held a 1-0 lead for much of the first period-and-a-half before eventually losing by a score of 3-1. Hartford took a 3-2 lead into the third period Saturday night at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, but gave up three goals in the third to drop a 5-3 decision. Then on Sunday in Bridgeport, the Wolf Pack came back from a 2-0 deficit to tie the game, before the Sound Tigers broke through for four straight goals on the way to a 6-3 victory. T.J. Hensick notched a goal and two assists in his first two games with the Wolf Pack Saturday and Sunday, and Ryan Bourque had points in all three games (2-1-3).
For the latest AHL standings, click here.
The Wolf Pack finish a stretch of five straight road games with visits to Adirondack Friday (7:00 PM faceoff) and Bridgeport on Sunday (3:00).
Friday, January 17 at the Adirondack Phantoms (Glens Falls Civic Center), 7:00 PM
- This is the fifth of ten meetings on the year between the Wolf Pack and Phantoms, and the Pack’s third visit to Glens Falls. The Wolf Pack won the first two games of the season series but have a regulation loss and a shootout loss in the last two. Hartford has split two road games against Adirondack, winning 3-2 on October 12 and dropping a 3-0 verdict December 6.
- Adirondack is 19-14-0-2 for 40 points, after winning five of their last six games. The Phantoms are third in the Northeast Division, seven points ahead of fourth-place Bridgeport and 13 points up on the Wolf Pack.
- Phantom leading scorer Jason Akeson (11-20-31 in 35 GP) enters the week on a six-game point streak (5-4-9).
- Radio – live with Bob Crawford on Fox Sports Radio 1410, and on-line at www.foxsportsradio1410.com and iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Sunday, January 19 at the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Webster Bank Arena), 3:00 PM
- This is the second straight Sunday that the Wolf Pack have visited Bridgeport. The Pack absorbed a 6-3 defeat at the hands of the Sound Tigers this past Sunday, dropping Hartford’s record in the season series to 3-3-0, and 2-2-0 in Bridgeport.
- Anders Lee scored two first-period goals for the Sound Tigers Sunday against the Wolf Pack, and Aaron Ness and Andrew Clark had a goal and an assist each.
- Bridgeport, which had been 0-4-0-1 in its previous five games before Sunday, enters the week 14-20-1-4 for 33 points, six points ahead of the Wolf Pack for fourth place in the Northeast Division.
- Radio – live with Bob Crawford on Fox Sports Radio 1410, on-line at foxsportsradio1410.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Wolf Pack Community Appearances:
The Wolf Pack have the following appearances scheduled this week. For further information on these, or any other Wolf Pack community initiatives, contact Wolf Pack community relations manager Frank Berrian, at (860) 541-4728:
- Tuesday, January 14, 11:00 AM-1:00 PM, Discovery Academy, 417 Franklin Ave., Hartford, CT: Sonar, the Wolf Pack’s beloved mascot, visits elementary-schoolers at Hartford’s Discovery Academy.
- Friday, January 17, 2:00-3:00 PM, Pleasant Valley School, 591 Ellington Rd., South Windsor, CT: Sonar heads to South Windsor to promote the Wolf Pack’s “Read to the Rink” program.
Jeff Malcolm – returned by the Wolf Pack to Greenville (ECHL) January 9.
Mike Marcou – returned by the Wolf Pack to Greenville (ECHL) January 9.
Samuel Noreau – reassigned by the New York Rangers from the Wolf Pack to Greenville (ECHL) January 9.
T.J. Hensick – claimed by the Wolf Pack off waivers from the Abbotsford Heat January 10.
J.T. Miller – returned to the Wolf Pack by the New York Rangers January 10.
Scott Stajcer – reassigned to the Wolf Pack by the New York Rangers from Greenville (ECHL) January 11.
Justin Vaive – signed to a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement by the Wolf Pack January 11.
All Wolf Pack practices at Champions Skating Center in Cromwell are open to the public. Schedule is subject to change.
Tue., January 14: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, Champions Skating Center
Wed., January 15: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, Champions Skating Center
Thurs., January 16: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, Champions Skating Center
Fri., January 17: Game at Adirondack
Sat., January 18: 10:20 – 11:00 AM, Champions Skating Center
Sun., January 19: Game at Bridgeport
Mon., January 20: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, Champions Skating Center
The Wolf Pack are holding open tryouts on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for a public address talent to fill in at the Pack’s XL Center games January 24 and February 4. Those interested in giving the gig a shot are asked to upload an audition sample to Instagram at @hartford_wolfpack or to Twitter using the hashtag #WolfPackAnnouncer. Fans can also post their video submission on the Wolf Pack Facebook page (www.facebook.com/HartfordWolfPack). The sample should be of the candidate reading the following script:
“Ladies and gentlemen, now welcome to the ice your HARTFORD WOLF PACK!” “Wolf Pack goal scored by number 29, DANNY KRISTO!” Entries must be posted by Friday, January 17th at 12 noon. Three finalists will then be selected for in-person tryouts the week of January 20. All entrants must be available for both the January 24 and February 4 games.
At each and every Friday-night Wolf Pack home game this year, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and $2 beers at the XL Center through the start of the second period, presented by Marc’s Appliance Warehouse, located at 75 Prospect Ave., Hartford, CT. The Pack’s next Friday home outing is January 24, when the Springfield Falcons visit for a 7:00 game.
Friday-night Wolf Pack home games are also special evenings in the Comcast Coliseum Club, which hosts “Hawk’s Nest”, with Bob “Hawk” Crawford, the play-by-play voice of the Wolf Pack, chatting live from 6:00-6:20 PM with different Wolf Pack-themed guests, and taking questions from the patrons enjoying the Comcast Coliseum Club’s wide array of dining and beverage options. The Comcast Coliseum Club restaurant and bar area is open two hours prior to every Wolf Pack home game, to everyone holding a ticket to the game.
Every Wednesday night Wolf Pack home game during the 2013-14 season is a “Winning Wednesday”. At all Wednesday night home games, if the Wolf Pack win, each fan receives a free ticket to the Pack’s next home game (some restrictions apply, check the Wolf Pack’s official website, www.hartfordwolfpack.com, for full details). The Wolf Pack’s next Wednesday-night home date is January 29, when the Adirondack Phantoms invade the XL Center for a 7:00 game.
At every Wolf Pack Sunday home game in 2013-14, fans can take advantage of the Wolf Pack’s “Click It or Ticket Sunday Family Value Packs”. Those include two tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas, starting at only $35. The next Sunday home date is April 6, when the Pack host the Norfolk Admirals at 5:00 PM.
Tickets for all Wolf Pack 2013-14 home games are on sale now at the Public Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Wolf Pack tickets start as low as $12 for youth 12 years old or younger. To speak with a representative about season or group tickets, call (855) 762-6451.