Wolf Pack Weekly, February 17-23Feb 17, 2014
The Wolf Pack (19-25-0-6, 44 pts.) played their fourth three-game weekend of the season this past week, and garnered three out of a possible six points. J.T. Miller had the Wolf Pack’s first four-point game in nearly two years Friday in Springfield, with two goals and two assists, pacing the Pack to a 5-2 win over the division-leading Falcons. The Wolf Pack struck first in Saturday’s home matchup against Manchester, owners of the top point total in the AHL, but then gave up the next three goals in what turned out to be a 4-2 loss. Then on Sunday in Providence, Dov Grumet-Morris made 42 saves in a 3-2 shootout loss to the Bruins.
For the latest AHL standings, click here.
The Wolf Pack’s annual “Tip-a-Player” Dinner and Sports Carnival is this Tuesday night, February 18, from 6:00-9:00 PM at the XL Center, to benefit Gaylord Specialty Healthcare of Wallingford, CT. Then, the Wolf Pack are back in home-ice action Friday night, hosting the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 7:00 PM, and make another trip to Springfield on Saturday night for a 7:00 battle with the Falcons.
Tuesday, February 18 - Wolf Pack “Tip-a-Player” Dinner and Sports Carnival – XL Center, 6:00-9:00 PM
The Wolf Pack’s tenth annual “Tip-a-Player” Dinner and Sports Carnival is this Tuesday, February 18 at the XL Center, from 6-9 PM. All proceeds from the event benefit Gaylord Specialty Healthcare of Wallingford, CT. At Tip-a-Player, the Pack players will be waiting tables, signing autographs and joining fans in healthy competition in the sports carnival, which features an array of inflatables and other assorted lively fun. Also, the players will compete for “tips” by accepting various challenges and otherwise providing lighthearted entertainment. For ticket and other further information, go to www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
Friday, February 21 vs. the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at the XL Center, 7:00 PM
- At this and all Friday-night Wolf Pack home games this year, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and $2 beers at the XL Center through the start of the second period, presented by Marc’s Appliance Warehouse, located at 75 Prospect Ave., Hartford, CT.
- “Hawk’s Nest” returns to the XL Center’s Comcast Coliseum Club for this game, with Bob “Hawk” Crawford, the play-by-play voice of the Wolf Pack, conducting a Wolf Pack-themed interview from 6:00-6:20 PM. Questions and comments will be welcomed from the patrons enjoying the Comcast Coliseum Club’s wide array of dining and beverage options. The Comcast Coliseum Club restaurant and bar area is open two hours prior to every Wolf Pack home game, to everyone holding a ticket to the game.
- The Sound Tigers (22-24-1-4, 49 pts.) have won three straight games and eight of their last ten, to move into third place in the Northeast Division. Bridgeport is two points ahead of Adirondack and five points up on the Wolf Pack.
- The Wolf Pack are 3-4-0-0 thus far in the battle of Connecticut with the Sound Tigers, having lost four of the last five meetings after winning the first two. The two clubs have split two previous encounters at the XL Center, the Wolf Pack winning 5-3 on October 30 and Bridgeport taking a 3-0 decision December 20.
- Defenseman Matt Donovan has 3-2-5 in four games since returning from a recall to the parent New York Islanders. He had a pair of goals in a 5-2 Sound Tiger win Saturday in Bridgeport, and two assists Sunday in a 7-3 victory at Albany.
- Radio – live with Bob Crawford and Mark Bailey on Fox Sports Radio 1410, on-line at foxsportsradio1410.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Saturday, February 22 at the Springfield Falcons (MassMutual Center), 7:00 PM
- This is the Wolf Pack’s second visit to Springfield in just over a week, and their last of six on the season. The Pack handed the Falcons a 5-2 defeat at the MassMutual Center this past Friday, Hartford’s second straight win in the season series after going 0-4-0-2 in the first six meetings. Friday’s victory was also the Wolf Pack’s first road win in the series this year (1-3-0-1).
- The Falcons (32-15-1-4, 69 pts.) snapped a three-game losing streak Sunday, with a 4-1 home win over Worcester. Springfield still leads the Northeast Division by a margin of nine points over second-place Albany.
- Michael Chaput, who had a goal and an assist for the Falcons Friday against the Wolf Pack, struck for a hat trick in Sunday’s Springfield win over Worcester.
- Radio – live with Bob Crawford on Fox Sports Radio 1410, on-line at foxsportsradio1410.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Wolf Pack Community Appearances:
The Wolf Pack have the following appearances scheduled this week. For further information on these, or any other Wolf Pack community initiatives, contact Wolf Pack community relations manager Frank Berrian, at (860) 541-4728:
- Wednesday, February 19, 11:15 AM, Aetna, 151 Farmington Ave., Hartford, CT: Sonar, the Wolf Pack’s lovable mascot, takes part in Aetna’s “Wear Red for Women” event.
- Wednesday, February 19, 9:00-10:00 PM, Kingswood-Oxford School rink, 170 Kingswood Rd., West Hartford, CT: Selected Wolf Pack players will take the ice for a West Hartford Youth Hockey bantam practice.
- Thursday, February 20, 6:00 PM, Black Bear Saloon, 187 Allyn St., Hartford, CT: The excitement of the Labatt’s Bubble Hockey Tournament lights up the Black Bear Saloon.
- Saturday, February 22, 6:00 PM, Connecticut College-Dayton Arena, 270 Mohegan Ave., New London, CT: Sonar straps on the blades for the March of Dimes’ Skate for Babies.
- Sunday, February 23, 9:00 AM, Veterans Memorial Skating Rink, Buena Vista Rd., West Hartford, CT: Sonar joins in the fun of the Boy Scouts’ season-ending jamboree.
- Sunday, February 23, 1:00 PM, Bristol Eastern High School, 632 King St., Bristol, CT: Sonar meets and greets attendees at the Bristol Home and Business Show.
All Wolf Pack practices at Champions Skating Center in Cromwell are open to the public. Schedule is subject to change.
Tue., February 18: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, Champions Skating Center
Wed., February 19: 9:30 – 11:00 AM, Trinity College
Thurs., February 20: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Fri., February 21: 10:00 – 10:30 AM, XL Center (Game vs. Bridgeport)
Sat., February 22: 10:20 – 11:00 AM, Champions Skating Center (Game at Springfield)
Sun., February 23: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Mon., February 24: 10:00 – 11:00 AM, XL Center
Every Wednesday night Wolf Pack home game during the 2013-14 season is a “Winning Wednesday”. At all Wednesday night home games, if the Wolf Pack win, each fan receives a free ticket to the Pack’s next home game (some restrictions apply, check the Wolf Pack’s official website, www.hartfordwolfpack.com, for full details). The Wolf Pack’s next Wednesday-night home date is March 19, when the Bridgeport Sound Tigers invade the XL Center for a 7:00 game.
At every Wolf Pack Sunday home game in 2013-14, fans can take advantage of the Wolf Pack’s “Click It or Ticket Sunday Family Value Packs”. Those include two tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas, starting at only $35. The next Sunday home date is April 6, when the Pack host the Norfolk Admirals at 5:00 PM.
Tickets for all Wolf Pack 2013-14 home games are on sale now at the Public Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Wolf Pack tickets start as low as $12 for youth 12 years old or younger. To speak with a representative about season or group tickets, call (855) 762-6451.