Wolf Pack Weekly April 21-27Apr 21, 2014
The Wolf Pack (37-32-1-6, 81 pts.) finished their season this past week with two more wins, stretching a home-ice win streak to five straight games. The Pack handed the Northeast Division-champion Springfield Falcons a 2-1 defeat on Friday night, with David LeNeveu making 37 saves, and then the Wolf Pack brought down the curtain on their 17th season of AHL play with a 2-0 shutout of Bridgeport Saturday night at the XL Center. Dov Grumet-Morris stopped 23 shots in that win, his first shutout of the season and the Wolf Pack’s fourth in the last ten games, after the team went the first 66 games of the year without one. The Pack finished nine games out of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, but won nine of their last ten games of the season, and went 18-6-1 in the last 25.
For the final regular-season AHL standings for 2013-14, click here.
For the Wolf Pack's final 2013-14 scoring statistics, click here.
Wolf Pack action will return to the XL Center Saturday, October 18, which is the already-confirmed date for the Pack’s 2014-15 home opener.
Now is the time to lock in your season tickets for the Wolf Pack’s 2014-15 AHL season. Get the best deal on Wolf Pack seats with a full season-ticket plan, and you’ll be part of the Pack’s new season ticket-holder “Mug Club”. That gets you $4 beers and $2 sodas at every Wolf Pack home game. Call 855-764-6451 now to get placed in seats or visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com for more information.
Wolf Pack Community Appearances:
The Wolf Pack’s tireless community relations efforts will continue uninterrupted throughout the off-season, with Sonar, the Pack’s beloved mascot, bringing his “Summer of Sonar Tour” all over the State of Connecticut, and beyond. The tour begins with the following appearances this week, and for further information on these, or any other Wolf Pack community initiatives, contact Wolf Pack community relations manager Frank Berrian, at (860) 541-4728:
- Thursday, April 24, 10:00 AM, United Healthcare, 185 Asylum St. (City Place), Hartford, CT: Sonar drops in on United Healthcare’s “Bring Your Daughters to Work Day”.
- Thursday, April 24, 5:00 PM, Chili’s, 1425 Farmington Ave., Bristol, CT: Sonar helps raise funds for McCabe/Waters Little League and Girls Softball, in Bristol Firefighters Local 773’s annual “Tip-a-Firefighter Night”.
- Friday, April 25, 5:00 PM, Ellington High School, 37 Maple St., Ellington, CT: Sonar joins in the fight against cancer, cheering on the participants in Ellington High School’s “Relay for Life”.
- Sunday, April 27, 10:00 AM, Rentschler Field, 615 Silver Lane, East Hartford, CT: Sonar supports March of Dimes’ fight for stronger, healthier babies in the annual “March for Babies”.
- Sunday, April 27, 1:00 PM, Berlin Fairgrounds, 410 Beckley Rd., Berlin, CT: Sonar turns his attention to the world of classic cars, as he heads to the “Summer Knights’” annual benefit car show and swap meet.
J.T. Miller – recalled from the Wolf Pack by the New York Rangers April 14.
Nick Latta – released by the Wolf Pack from an Amateur Tryout (ATO) agreement April 19.
Chris McCarthy – released by the Wolf Pack from an Amateur Tryout (ATO) agreement April 19.
Shawn O’Donnell – released by the Wolf Pack from a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement April 19.
Bretton Stamler – released by the Wolf Pack from a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement April 19.
Justin Vaive – released by the Wolf Pack from a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement April 19.